Everybody's favorite nickelodeon show (and if it isn't, get taste) had it's finale, SOZIN'S COMET, air ten years ago (yesterday) on July 19th, 2008.
Creators Michael DiMartino and Bryan Konietzko talk to Newsweek and their atrocious
website about how it was made.
- The finale was originally planned for three episodes, but the executive producer told them to keep everything intact and he would figure something out.
- The first part, THE PHOENIX KING, they talk about how Zuko is growing into a decent ruler, unlike his ancestors.
- THE OLD MASTERS (part 2) uses the image of The Lion Turtle from the unaired pilot that predates the Avatar's existence.
- Part 3, INTO THE INFERNO, combined CGI and 2D animation for the airship fleet to attack The Earth Kingdom, and also the now-iconic fight between Zuko and Azula, whose music Konietzko says is his favorite piece in the show.
- The light fight in the final part, AVATAR AANG, was tricky to conceptualize, and they had to storyboard with color.
Let's keep the party going with an Original folded into this post - 3 OF THE BEST EPISODES OF AVATAR: THE LAST AIRBENDER.
Over the course of nearly a year, I rewatched the entire series, finishing just in time for the anniversary. It's a good show, and with Korra
...well, does anyone talk about Korra
still? No, we still talk about TLA.
So let's get started.( Collapse )
& MeWould you watch a third Avatar series? What were your favorite episodes?
I erred on the side of caution mods, I hope it's not too much!